Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VOIP calls disconnecting

Status
Not open for further replies.

igessey

Technical User
Oct 12, 2005
GB
Morning

We have an unusual issue with one of our offices.
We have a remote IP site (2x8300 gateways, to 4610 IP phones - Avaya CM 3.1.4 on this and the main site).
We are having an issue where some calls are beeping into the agents ear (headset users), the caller id is displayed on the users screen, the agent stays in manual in, then the call abandons.
Basically, we have agents avaiable but sometimes the calls will queue.

Also, we occasionally get calls that disconnect while the "whisper" message is playing (announcements stored locally on a VAL board).

Any clues?

We are up to date on patches and firmware...stumped!

Thanks

Check latency between endpoints.... Do you have QOS implemented on your network?

Thanks,

Wildcard

Hi

Yes we do have QOS implemented on the switch.

We have had increased call traffic between the sites since we went live over a year ago.

Any idea what i can use to check if latency is an issue?

Also, new issue!
Sometimes a call will beep in the agents headset, the call will drop and then straight away another will come in!

With the VOA (Whisper)you may need to get a Combo patch from Avaya. I had the same issue on 3.0.1 and 3.1.2. Also had some issues with it when calls were being service observed.

Thanks Justin - any idea what the PCN or patch reference number was?

May make life easier!

Thanks

Ian

I don't believe that there is a PCN out for it but with the patch number it would vary depending on CM release. Any of the Tier3 Engineers should be able to find what we are discussing in their internal system or contact Tier4 to get further information.

As an update on this, i have managed to capture this on an agent trace:

05/07/2007 16:14:01 1 3 RING 310 :03 n n n
05/07/2007 16:14:04 1 3 AVAIL :14 n n n
05/07/2007 16:14:18 1 3 RING 310 :04 n n n
05/07/2007 16:14:22 1 3 ACD IN 310 01:37 y n n

It plays the whisper, Agent stays in available then another call comes in for the user, replacing the first call.

Many thanks

Thanks Janney - we are on 3.1.4 already so yuou would assume that this would be ok!

Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back