Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

voip between a bcm and an opt 11(rel 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bignorm

Programmer
Aug 1, 2004
GB
I am not BCM trained, but I am trying to get an itg trunk route between the opt 11 ( in Lisburn UK) and a BCM in Dublin (not in UK). I have set my paylaod values on Opt 11 to 10 and can get calls dublin to lisburn but not vice verca. The engineer in Dublin says he can see the call request message but the bcm does not establish a call and the meridian comes back " no spare channels I suspect the BCM but how do I prove/disprove this, as I said I am not BCM trained. Any help appreciated

Bignorm,

Be sure you have a keycode activated for IP Trunk on your BCM.

Are you able to reach your BCM from the remote site for management? Make the test to verify if your packet routing is ok or just a Ping test.

When the Meridian said ''no spare channels'' check if there is an IP Channel availlable on Opt. 11 and same thing in the BCM.

Good Luck!!!

Do you have MCDN/Q.Sig keycodes on your bcm? This establishes the d-channel to the option 11. Also, make sure that in your remoter gateway programming that you are either using SL-1 for older 2 slot ITG cards and IPT on the newer Media cards. It sounds like you are getting one way speach path.

Also, one way speech path could be if the network routing is done through a NAT.

Could also be published IP telephony interface on BCM.
BCM only allows the UNISTIM server to run on one interface either LAN1 or LAN2.
It is suggested to run UNISTIM on public interface and mandatory if NAT is enabled in BCM.
Default is LAN1.

Be sure to obtain the latest FEPs from Nortel Download site. Use CSE as the protocol on the BCM IP Trunks.
The above was the cure for the problem.

i think the key word was "not" as in maybe we should iether get trained or get a quailfied vendor for both sites

ONLY 7 WEEKS TILL SKI SEASON STARTS

Exact same problem, it was as a earlier respondant said Published IP must be on LAN 1 if that is where your internet connections is. However When I figured that out and set my published IP to Lan 1 my I2004 sets are on LAN2, I could make calls from the Bcm to the ITG/IPT and have speech path. But as soon as i set my my Published IP to lan 1 then i could call both ways but no speech path between IP sets and Option 11. Did have speech path on wired 7208 sets both ways. Nat Incuding IP sets does not help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back