Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VOIP & VPN Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gman1108

Technical User
Jun 16, 2006
GB
Hi all,

I got VOIP working about a year ago, now it somethings gone wrong...

I've got an IPO 3.0.56 using Phone Manager 3.2.12 for VOIP.

When I connect using VPN (Cisco client to PIX) I can get PM up and working, I get all the directories and features etc, I can also make a call succesfully.

The problem comes when I recieve a call...I can't answer it! I press 'enter' to answer, but nothing happens, clicking the 'answer' button doesn't work either.

I set this up on the LAN using the same VOIP extension, and this works just fine, so I'm assuming it's the PIX/VPN connection.

I did have to delete the IP inspects from the PIX when I first set this up, but it worked fine until now.

Any ideas...?

You have incompatoble version numbers.

I say incompatible, they may work kind of, but they certainly are not the right version numbers.

You are using a 3.2 PM with a 3.0 system.

ACA - IP Office Implement
ACS - IP Office Implement
ACE - IP Office Implement
ACI - IP Office Implement

Thanks, PlatinumGuy,

Thing is, I did try this just last night using 3.0.16 and I still get the same problem.

Any more ideas or shall I just go for the petrol can and lighter :-D

are there any fixups in the cisco ???
they should not be done for h323 and a few otherwich i can't remember right now

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

Nope, I just checked again, I got rid of those fix ups when I got it working initially.

I'm running out of ideas, myself.

can you try deleting the profile C:\My Documents\Avaya\IP 400\PhoneManager\Profiles and opening phonemanager again?

I never thought of that!! Very good idea.

I'll let you know what I get.

Thanks...

Well, tried deleting the profile....still no good.

I've even built a fresh new laptop from scratch and still no luck.

I've created a Microsoft VPN to our office and that seems to work!

So what an earth has happened to the PIX to stop me pressing the enter button to connect the call yet outgoing calls are fine from the remote side..!!

Do you have the "Confirm IP adress" checked under PM settings -> Audio Codecs ?

Otherwise I'm guessing there a routing, nat or firewall issue.

Check to see if "Allow direct media path" is checked for this extension. If it is, uncheck it. This always gives me a problem and when ever I have a IP phone problem I make sure this is not checked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back