Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voila! 60 gig becomes a 40 gig

Status
Not open for further replies.

nemome

Technical User
Apr 17, 2007
US
In a previous posting I asked about cloning, and had a good news, bad news experience. This is the bad: The new 60 gig laptop hard drive, which I cloned using Acronis True Image, was formatted as a 40 gig using the automatic process. I was going to try the cloning process again to expand the partition, like the software said it would do (but didn't). However, it never allowed the reallocation.

I looked under disk management on XP in the thoughts of reformatting it as a 60, but it would seem it would only allow a formatting as a 40 gig.

My Question: How do I reformat it as a 60 Gig, and then use True Image to clone it while keeping the expanded partitions?

Any news,nemome?

And you could have used Partition Magic to delete the partitions but that is not a substitute for zeroing the drive, which ensures you are starting off with a clean slate.

Well I did the Norton zero. Actually, the trial version of Partition Magic will not let you delete the partitions. Anyway...After all those ridiculous hours working on it...thanks...the vendor is sending me another drive and allowing me to keep this one.

Te moritori salutamos

Te moritori salutamos¨ Greetings, we die?!?

=========================================
“You can actually become a role model for women.” - Jenna Jameson :)

A last salute from your drive?

Thanks for the update. I certainly would like to know if your new drive shows 60GB...

We who about to die, salute you!"

It's what the gladiators said before joining battle. It's the vodka's fault.

-This may not be over. Let's see if they send me the right drive this time...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back