Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voided Transactions not showing up in Bank Reconciliation

Status
Not open for further replies.

HollyR3

Technical User
Jul 29, 2010
US
I am trying to reconcile the Bank Reconciliation to the GL and they are not matching b/c of a few voided transactions. The voids are showing up in the GL, but not on the bank reconciliation. I belive these voids had incorrect void dates and the actual date of the transaction was used. The bank reconciliation has already been reconciled, but does not tie to GL.

Is there a way to fix this? Can you not void a transaction that is in a reconciled period?

Please help!

Holly

Hi HollyR3: I am assuming you are referring ti voiding an AP cheque.

When you void a cheque, there is provision to void the original transaction (original date) OR to void it on the current date (or any other date). You can also change the posting date, so as not to have reconciliation issues, once the original entry has been reconciled.

Th options to change both the 'Void Date' and the 'Posting Date' are available on the voiding screen.

To fix what you ave done: You can undo the void you did, and do it right. Hope this helps.

deesom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back