Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Void not showing up in Chequebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

PTina

Technical User
Oct 27, 2003
CA
Has anyone ever encountered this situation:

A cheque is voided from Payables module. The document shows as voided in Payables, GL is updated; but the void does not seem to be recorded in the checkbook?

I've been trying to figure this one out for the past few days. Help!!!

Are you in 7.5 or 9.0?

In 7.5 there was an issue with voiding checks on a different month and would cause reconciliation problems. I'll look for the article.

Also, check your dates. The Void date should not be the same as the transaction/document date.

We're using ver 8.

The cheque was printed in Nov 18, 2006 and was voided in April 2007. The void date and post date was set to April 6, 2007 - I have the posting report so I know the user didn't mess up the dates.

The cheque shows up as voided in the AP Inquiry
The Journal was posted to GL
The chequebook balance is correct

However the cheques don't show up as a negative payment in the Chequbook Balance Inquiry or in the Bank Recon Module. The strange thing is other voided cheques show up as negative so I don't know what happened with the others and can't offer any valid explanation.

Apparently a Reconciled cheque can be voided. When this happens the cheque will show up back in the Bank Recon module a negative cheque.

Unreconciled cheques that have been voided are not listed on the Select Bank Transactions Window when doing a Reconcile (see TK 860765).

I think this was the case with the cheque(s) in question (some may have been previously reconciled and therefore were treated differently by the system).

Now there is an even bigger question: Why does the system allow voiding of a Reconciled cheque without even some type of security measure in place?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back