Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VoicePro 412 - cannot access mailboxes 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwilsonbrightline

Technical User
May 5, 2002
US
Have set up a VP412 for the first time. Configured the system as documented in the manual but cannot access any of the voice mailboxes using the default password e.g. 1320# for station 20's mailbox. Have software v02.02. Any clues?

You may try the default password for the VP206 which is 4321#. (I take it you are entering pound after the password. I have the 206 so I don't know anything about your model but thought this was worth a shot.

Attn: jwilsonbrightline

I think HillBillyTech is on the right track. If you are at software version 2.02 or above you need to get the addendum to the manual that documents the new passwords AND a lot of other changes.

Without the addendum you will have programming problems.

John

Thanks, John . . . I do have the addendum. My copy mentions the 4321# password in some mailbox examples but I cannot find any documentation that points out that the default maibox password scheme has changed except for the default password notation in the programming changes chart on page 11. I guess my old, tired eyes missed this subtle change in the doc.

try **99 as the password and reference page 6 of the addendum under program 36.

Anyone know how to change the 'Directory' option 9?

Don't forget that the 206, 408 and 412 are ALL the same software.

The primary difference is the hardware available..

BTW, I'm in the process of re-writing the manual to make it more user friendly (needed to do this for MY users)
will post soon.

I saw that the Voice Logic Pro vp206 and vp412 use the same software! Does someone have an eeprom to sell or the image I can get? I could burn the eeprom myself if I had to.

Thanks! :)

Troy
bid2bid@hotmail.com

E-proms are NOT the same!!

vp206@saigoncomputers.com (johnrp99)

I have a vp412. I set it up perfectly. None of the default passwords work on any of the mailboxes locally or remotely. I have also reset the passwords on 4 mailboxes, and after being reset, the default (reset) passwords still do not work. I can find no way to access any of the mailboxes to retrieve mail.

I have a vp412. I set it up perfectly. None of the default passwords work on any of the mailboxes locally or remotely. I have also reset the passwords on 4 mailboxes, and after being reset, the default (reset) passwords still do not work. I can find no way to access any of the mailboxes to retrieve mail.

The 4321 worked, It appears the manual I have is out of date. Where can I obtain an addendum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back