Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voicemial Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gman1108

Technical User
Jun 16, 2006
GB
Hi eveyone!

Can you help?

I've got a call flow in VM Pro that checks the usual open/close days and times.

If the condition matches a closed parameter, it goes off to a generic action with a .wav that says 'we're closed, please leave a message...'

If the timer is open, it just transfers off to the group, if that group is busy, the caller gets a message to leave a voicemial, and that works just fine.

But,this is where i've come unstuck...I just can't seem to get the caller to leave a message for the now closed group. If I add a 'leave mail' action after the generic closed message in VM Pro, and enter the number of the group, it goes off and calls the group.

Is there a way I can get the caller to leave a voicemial when they get to the closed part of the call flow?

Thanks all...

It sounds like you are doing it right. did you Save & Make Live after adding the Leave Mail???

Jamie Green

ACA:Implement - IP Office
ACS:Implement - IP Office

Fooball is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

You can't use a generic action in the leave to play an entry prompt then leave voicemail. You should use a "leave mail" action with an entry prompt. If you don't want the greeting at all you can use a voice question to record your message and leave it as voicemail in the mailbox. For that matter why not just let them leave mail and have 2 greetings. I can't say for sure if the option is still there but you used to be able to create a day and night greeting in the Intuity mode mailbox.

Kyle Holladay
ACA-I, ACA Call Center, ACS-I, ACS-M, TIA-CTP, MCP/MCTS Exchange 2007
ACE Implement: IP Office

"If it worked the way it should you wouldn't need me

do a mailbox transfer after that and put the group mailbox in there (group number)

Joe W.

FHandw., ACA, ACS

If you can't be good, be good at it!

kholladay, thanks, I went with the voice question solution and it seems to be just fine.

I did add the leave voicemial action with the group number in the specific field, but that just went and rang the group that I entered...maybe I messed up there.

But, the voice question is just fine, i add the group number for the message to be forwarded....and it's forwarded..!!

Thanks again.

I like the Voice Question idea. Never even thought of that for this purpose, usually end up fiddling with the group message to make it sound ok!!!!

One for the memory bank! Nice One

Jamie Green

ACA:Implement - IP Office
ACS:Implement - IP Office

Fooball is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

I dont know if anybody has noticed this but using a leave mail action, it does not check the mailbox for any custom recordings.

It is for this reason you may want to use a voice question also.

ACE - Avaya Certified Expert
ACI - Avaya Certified Instructor

go to your voice mail pro in condition editor and verify in your calendar and it suppose to be at or and not at not

I had the same problem last week following a upgrade to the new version. And is what Avaya told me and its works well right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back