Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voicemail to Email working with Office 365?

Status
Not open for further replies.

klocke77

Vendor
Sep 18, 2015
CA
Hi :) I was wondering if anyone has this feature working with Office 365? I have a customer that was using it with a local Exchange server, then it just stopped working when they switched to Office 365.

Please let me know if you need any info from the UCX.

To use the local Exchange server, SMTP had to be configured on the customer's UCx to send email that server. Now, after switching to Office 365, this configuration is no longer required.

Go to the System - Remote SMTP page and either turn it off or (if "off" does not work because they have the port 25 blocked) enter a proper configuration data of the Office 365 server.

To answer your initial question - yes, for me voicemail to email is working with Office 365 without any problems (SMTP turned OFF).

I have the voicemail being sent to the email server now by postfix (outlook.office365.com) but it's not able to authenticate. The exact error is "SASL authentication failed; cannot authenticate to server outlook.office365.com" Is this a problem on the email server side or the UCX?

Thanks so much for the help on configuring the UCX for Office 365!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back