Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voicemail to email weird issue 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

rval80

Technical User
Sep 23, 2009
US
I received an email from a customer who is having a strange problem with his voicemail to email. Obviously, his voicemails are usually delivered as a wav attachment, however, two time in the last two days, he doesn't get the attachment. What he gets is what appears to be the wav file opened using notepad. Anyone ever experience this?

Or you could grab the VM and pass it on to the user - that's what I have been doing.

\\phoneservername\Voicemail Pro\VM\Accounts\UserFolder

i365_solution_1.png

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

Anyone have this working yet? Will Microsoft release an update of some sort to resolve the issue???

INCIDENT DATE AND TIME STATUS DETAILS
EX31543 Oct 15, 2015 5:14 PM Restoring service Current Status: The deployment of the fix is now in progress and engineers estimate that it will complete within approximately 24 hours. Affected users will begin to experience impact remediation as the deployment propagates throughout the environment.

User Experience: Affected users may receive emails with raw attachment content displayed in the message body. This issue only occurs with emails that are sent from legacy scanners, fax machines, printers, and voicemail systems.

Customer Impact: Analysis of incident scope indicates that a very limited number of customers and users appear to be impacted. Some customers have reported that their organization is affected by this issue.

Incident Start Time: Monday, October 12, 2015, at 8:00 PM UTC

Preliminary Root Cause: As part of our efforts to improve user experiences, an update was deployed to the affected infrastructure; however, the update caused a compatibility issue which resulted in impact.

Next Update by: Friday, October 16, 2015, at 11:00 PM UTC

Thank god I read this. I was about to burn my Application Server to the ground and reinstall.

As an aside, does anyone have any good links to troubleshooting the application server and its back end? The web management is miserable, the logging portion is atrocious. I spent the better part of yesterday SSH'd into the server VI'ing into random log files looking for any sort of SMTP logging. Miserable.

For this particular issue you would have turned on vmpro logging to verbose then create and download logs.
However you would have seen that the smtp traces looked crystal with no issues.

It's working normally for me, but the Office 365 admin panel has this status as of Oct 20, 2015 2:32 PM Eastern

Current Status: The deployment of the fix is approximately 83% complete. Engineers are continuing to monitor the progress of the deployment to ensure it propagates as expected. Affected users will experience incremental impact remediation as the deployment propagates throughout the environment.

I have a customer who was getting this issue, now they are just not receiving the emails at all...

anyone else having this issue?

the smtp logs on the application server look good and happy..

I have the same issue as well....

I see that CarGoSki has a link/solution to the problem, but I can't open that link. just wondering if someone could say what's in the link?

thanks,

it is Avaya telling you it is a Microsoft issue...

Cause
Error in Microsoft software. Contact Microsoft for information.

Solution
Contact Microsoft to get a fix.
Here is an example of a Microsoft report related to this issue.

Actually it was me telling Avaya that it is Microsoft's problem.
I helped Avaya write the solution note and provided the graphic.

Later that day another Avaya guy mailed me to say that there was a solution note that shows that the issue is a MS problem.
And that he would close my open case.

I explained that he linked the solution note that I helped to write.
Life can be a comedy of circular motion.

FYI, I think Microsoft fixed the issue. We had several customers with the issue and they all have worked today without any issues.

my user is now just not receiving anything from the IPOffice...

so they "Fixed the Glitch" a-la Office Space

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back