Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voicemail to email weird issue 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

rval80

Technical User
Sep 23, 2009
US
I received an email from a customer who is having a strange problem with his voicemail to email. Obviously, his voicemails are usually delivered as a wav attachment, however, two time in the last two days, he doesn't get the attachment. What he gets is what appears to be the wav file opened using notepad. Anyone ever experience this?

Check his windows settings. I think he changed the .wav settings to always open with notepad.

Try to forward the email to another user, then try to open it.

One thing I did notice is that in the email, it's saying that it's being sent in MIME format. What does that mean? Is it an issue with email or the Avaya?

Here's what he gets in the first part of email before all the garbage starts:

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--{f30906a0-9dd6-1049-b6bf-8a1f9f16ad14}
Content-Type: text/plain;
charset=o-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

IP Office Voicemail redirected message

--{f30906a0-9dd6-1049-b6bf-8a1f9f16ad14}
Content-Type: audio/wav;
name=SG00104.WAV"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
filename=SG00104.WAV"

We have had multiple customers report the same issue. They all have been experienced the MIME error. At this point I can only assume a Windows Update has caused the issue due to the timing of the error. If I am able to find a resolution quickly I will update this post as well.

we are also experiencing this same issue. It started yesterday.

This sounds like a Microsoft issue, you can try saving the file and changing the extension back to .wav. This should make it playable again.

MIME is how non-ASCII files are sent via email.

This problem also started for us this week. It's random... some voicemail to email work properly, some show up as garbled text. There is no attachment when the problem happens (the garble shows in the message body).
No Windows updates on the voicemail server in almost a month. The message doesn't display correctly in webmail either (not a end-user computer issue). We have server 2008 R2, Voicemail Pro 9.0.0.0 build 311. Email is Exchange Online (O365). Ideas?

Yep - no attachment. It seems to be random here as well..

Server 2003 R2- also Exchange O365.

Version 9.0.0.0 build 829

I think my affected customer has office 365. Does everyone who has this issue have vmpro sent email to O365?
Doesnt seem to be a specific firmware release or server type. Mine is server edition 9.0.8 and has the issue.

voicemail traces show that the file name sent is MSGXXXXX.wav but what is received as the filename is SGXXXXX.wav.

I have a case open.

We are also having the same issue and yes it is related to office 365. Please keep us updated on the ticket progress. Perhaps we should also open up a ticket with Microsoft?

confirmed. Microsoft issue. They are working on a patch and deployment.

Avaya will make an immediate solution note. I suppose immediate is in the eye of the beholder.

I have been working on this for two days, I am so relieved to see this thread. I am on 9.1.4 SE using O365.

You guys are the best, thank you.

Been there, done that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back