Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

voicemail to email w/out ims?

Status
Not open for further replies.

telecotek1

Vendor
Nov 13, 2007
US
Does anyone know how to set up voicmeial to email with out using IMS?

IP Office 406v2 4.0 7 with vmpro. the customer does not have an exchange server so we are trying to set it up to integrate with a POP3 account. I have tried several methods nothing seems to work. Even tried mapi with outlook installed on the vmpro server.

What am i doing wrong?

As always any help is much appreciated.

Install an SMTP service on the VM PC, lots of different ones to choose from, as long as the PC has internet access of some type.

Can you recomend one that you have used that worked well?

On all our sites we have an SBS2003 server with exchange, but on some in the past I have installed the SMTP option that is with IIS.

What OS is the VM PC running?

depending on which ITSP your customer is on they should be able to use their smtp. have a look on a local machine to check the smtp address and if it requires authentication when sending, most don't.

Install an email client on the vm pro machine, MS outlook works better I find. Set up an email account,
go to vm pro in control panel, input the smtp address in email tab, and the email account name.

open vm pro, go to general settings, email tab, change to smtp.

in IPO manager, enter the email settings under vm for each user/group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back