Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voicemail to Email Stopped Working

Status
Not open for further replies.

cipher7836

Technical User
Dec 20, 2010
US
Platform: IP Office R5

Hello all, for some reason from one day to the next our voicemail to email stopped working. I looked at this post:
But nothing there worked. We did have a firewall change around that time. Could that possibly have anything to do with it????

Well it turned out not to be the firewall....any other ideas???

Enable the log and check what goes wrong.

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS

Thanks, but where do I go to enable the logs?

Hey Iam having same issue with 7.0.5 i just upgraded to 70.12 and so far customer isnt complaining. Open the monitor program to view the logs... if youre using VM Pro I think there is a VM to email debug program on the avaya site.

can you access the mail server directly from the VM PC using telnet?

telnet <mailserver> 25

if it is not the firewall check your antivirus software is not blocking port 25

I do not Have A.D.D. im just easily, Hey look a Squirrel!

I can telent into the mail server. We did a firewall change, but why would that effect the internal network? I'll try the anti-virus check...

What are you using for email? Exchange? If so, what year?

ACSS-SME
ACIS-SME

Exchange 2007. But on the machine (VMPRO) they use the program that lets you put in MAPI settings or SMTP. There's another area in the manager that is blank under SMTP. But this is the way they've always had it and I have no clue why the thing stopped now. I see the wav files being recorded but Avaya just won't copy them, and send them off to the users email.

Is it checked for SMTP, not MAPI? You're on release 5, correct?

ACSS-SME
ACIS-SME

Test the route to the smtp server. If you don't know how look it up, call the IT guy. Send a test message through telnet. If it works that way, contact your vendor, if not, fix the smtp relay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back