Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voicemail to email stopped working after exchange upgrade to 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnesstech

MIS
Jun 20, 2011
US
My customer had their IT contractor upgrade their Exchange server from 2003 to 2010. Email delivery of Vmail stopped working. It worked before the upgrade. VMP is on a Server 2003 machine. They were running 4.2 and I could not find anything that documents support for 4.2 and exchange 2010. So I upgraded them to 5.0, latest maint. rel. for both IP office firmware and VMPro. Working with the IT person, he says he can see everything else on their network that uses SMTP hitting exchange through a log on exchange. He sees no attempt at any kind of communication from the VMP server. A correct receiver has been made, per the docs and threads found here. Telnet to port 25 is successful and returns the correct receiver info. The service, SMTP settings, and server login all use the same valid domain user account and password with a mailbox in exchange. I cannot think of anything else to check. Please offer any assistance you may come up with. Thanks Much
btw- I tried running an SMTP log on the VMP server per the documentation by creating a registry key called smtplogging and I get no log file following the published directions.

2010 security settings are usually the culprit.

if you search for it here then you will find lots of related threads

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME), ACIS (SME)

Give a tech a solution and he will be back tomorrow to ask you the next question, teach a tech how to read the manual and he will be able to solve the problems for a life time.

Thanks Joe, but I've seen all these and have checked everything noted in every thread that has the words 2010 and exchange in it. Do you know of any way to monitor what the VMP server is doing? Like I wrote, the documentation for logging SMTP doesn't work as described. Like most IP Office documentation, it contains obvious errors like incorrect path, etc so who knows what the problem is.
Here it is:
2.5.4.5 SMTP Errors
SMTP error logging can be enabled to generate a log of SMTP activity. For a default Voicemail Pro installation the activity
is logged in a file in C:\Program Files\Avaya\IP Office\Voicemail Pro\logs. The file name includes a date stamp for
the day on which it is generated.
Enabling SMTP Error Reporting:
1. Stop the Voicemail Pro service
2. Start the Registry Editor.
3. Locate the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Network Alchemy\Voicemail\Directories.
4. From the menu bar select Edit.
5. Select New and then String Value.
6. Enter SMTPLogging.
7. Right-click on the new registry key SMTPLogging and select Modify.
8. Set the value to 1.
9. Close the Registry Editor.

First off, there is no folder named logs in that location. It is in the VM folder within the Voicemail Pro folder

Plenty of experience with this :)

Download and run:
Debug view will show you the message being sent via SMTP and any possible error messages

Make sure on Exchange you have a receive connector just for voice mail.

or more secure:

ACSS - SME
General Geek

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back