Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VoiceMail to Email on EMBEDDED MSG 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreightTrain

Programmer
Jun 12, 2012
US
I have a customer that has IPO 500V2 9.0 with embedded msging. They want voice mail to email but the have hosted "Microsoft Office 365". Has any one had to set this up with hosted or do you have to have a exchange server in house? Any help is greatly appreciated.

"When all else fails call for backup

Office 365 uses TLS and this is only coming in 9.0.3 (ie the next release). At the moment we have had to use a local exchange server or relay with anyone on 365.

| ACSS SME |

9.0.3 has been released & is supped to support TLS (have not tested yet)

Alternatively it should fairly simple to configure a Linux mail-server to relay SMTP (Even a raspberry pi for < £40 should have enough performance for this)

A Maintenance contract is essential, not a Luxury.
Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

TLS on 9.0.3 works fine, I tested with GMail and Sky email, both worked fine :)

Where did you get the 9.0.3? I looked on support.avaya and all I see 9.0.829 from Sept 2013.

"When all else fails call for backup

Hit the date button once.
The support site likes to show some other results then the newest :)

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

The Avaya site list software oldest first which is really useful because it makes seeing the release you are most likely to want so much easier ;-

A Maintenance contract is essential, not a Luxury.
Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

You mean 4.2 ipguru :)

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Has any one else gotten this to work with Gmail? I'm not having any luck.

Using smtp.gmail.com for my server address
Port 465
From Address: XXXX@gmail.com
Checked USE STARTTLS
Checked Server Requires Auth
Entered good credentials.

Monitor looks like it's contacting and connecting to the server, but I never get an email to my gmail account.

11:35:33 1114641mS SMTP: SMTPServer woken up... Session 00000000 Client 00000000 State 1 Q Size 1 current_message 00000000
11:35:33 1114641mS PRN: DNS - refreshing: have valid (new) result
11:35:33 1114642mS SMTP: SMTPServer has resolved FQDN [smtp.gmail.com] to IP address [74.125.196.108].
11:35:33 1114642mS SMTP: Initialising communications to SMTP Server [IP Address = 74.125.196.108, port 465)
11:35:33 1114642mS SMTP: EMail list is now 1 records long
11:35:33 1114642mS SMTP: SMTPServer Connecting... Session f4cbd2b0 Client f4ce2a98 tls 1
11:35:33 1114642mS SMTP: SMTPServer snoozing...
11:35:33 1114675mS SMTP: Established communications with SMTP server

Us port 25 for gmail, not 465. I have tested it and have it working on port 25.

I've tested it and used it with 465, currently using it with 465, and it works fine. Only gotcha is that you'll probably need to generate an "app password" for it. It's a separate password from your standard login.Make sure you copy and paste it EXACTLY as it's show in the gmail page, or it wont work. Dont try to remove spaces or anything.

-Austin
ACE: Implement IP Office
qrcode.png

Thanks Telecomboy. Changed the port to 25 and it started working like a champ. I'd set it to 465 since that's how it's set up in Outlook. So glad Avaya got this working with servers requiring authentication.

No problem. I tried 465 first and it didn't work for me either. So many people use gmail these days it is nice to finally have it integrate properly.

Has anyone had any success yet with verizon? I have just upgraded the IPO and have entered the server address as smtp.verizon.net and using port 465. I have also tried this using the IP address of the verizon server. I have startls checked and server requires auth checked with a valid username and password.

Use port 25, then encryption seems to change the port don't do it manually :)

Set up a Gmail account for testing, if that works it's Verizon's fault...ask them :)

Gmail worked! I think I will just have the customer create an account for this and not worry about fighting with Verizon over it. Thanks for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back