Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voicemail to Email off by one hour 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibitebcareful

IS-IT--Management
Mar 18, 2010
US
Hello all,
I have a Mitel 3300 ICP phone system that I know VERY little about. It has Voicemail (I'm assuming it's the standart voicemail that comes with it) and we use the Voicemail to Email option. This option works great; however, Since the time changed, the emails say they were sent from the phone system an hour ago. I have to change the time on the phones everytime the time changes. So my phones are correct. It just seems like the Voicemail "Server" for lack of a better term is off by an hour. Can someone point me in a direction as to how to change the time on the Voicemail Module? Thank you in advance for your help.

login to the 3300, navigate to "Voicemail"\"VM Network servers"...then amend the time zone by either + or - 1 on the element you created previously. That should do it.

login to the 3300, navigate to "Voicemail"\"VM Network servers"...then amend the time zone by either + or - 1 on the element you created previously. That should do it.

Thank you for your response MitelEngineering. I didn't see anything listed Called Voicemail \VM Network Servers. But I did find a setting called "Networked VM Servers" and in there - there is a setting called "Time Zone" and mine Said GMT -05:00 so I changed it to GMT -06:00. But it had no effect on the time on the emails. Any other ideas?

Thank you - and Happy Holidays

Oh - I should also point out that I believe the original setting of -05:00 is correct. After some Googling I found that the east coast should be set to -05:00 - and that's where I hang my hat.

Did you create your local 3300 as a network voicemail server?
You need to fill out all the details IP address and name and select local then change the timezone when you save it next time a voicemail is forwarded the time should be correct.

Share what you know - Learn what you don't

Everything was setup for me before I came to work here. The word Local is set to False. I changed it to True - now I don't get the voicemail at all. Not on the Phone - Not in an email. :eek:(

So are you part of a voice network?
Is your voicemail hosted somewhere else?

Voicemail is hosted here. This is a one location business.

OK so you gave the system name and IP address as your local system? this is important
set to local and changed the time zone to match your area?

Yep. All of that was already in there and it has worked from the beginning. The Mail Server and IP Address are all correct. I change it to local. It stops working completley.

you say mail server is the IP address of the 3300?
it should be the 3300, and not the exchange server

HAH! No Wonder It didn't work! In my defense I didn't set that up! But that did the trick! Thank You! Merry Christmas! I can go home now!

Seriously - Thank You!

no good deed goes unpunished!

Happy Christmas to you as well enjoy the break

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back