Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

voicemail to email not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimm0k

IS-IT--Management
Dec 6, 2019
US
not sure what happened over the past couple of weeks, but the voicemail to email option is no longer working! we have the Nortel BCM50 and a Nortel Contivity 1010 device and while the phones and vmail work, the option where you get an email notification after receiving a vmail no longer works. I've confirmed nothing is wrong with the software side in CallPilot Manager in terms of the settings so that leads me to suspect the hardware. I don't really have much information on this as this system was put into place before me and my knowledge of the system is basic at best. can anyone help me troubleshoot what might be wrong or what to do?

EDIT: logging into CallPilot Manager I just noticed that the setting that used to be available for each mailbox to forward to emails via a check box is no longer available! hopefully this is a clue for someone out there to help

How are you connecting to the BCM?
laptop direct to OAM port (far left) or from a node somewhere on the network?

Any other important update?
what is the status? IP sets now working? still stuck at the wrong IP ok 10.10.99.X??, still cannot connect? did you do try the IP change from the telephone and reboot?

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

I've been connecting to the BCM directly from my computer to the BCM via the network and not the laptop method you mentioned. The IP sets are indeed working now since waiting the 15 minutes for the BCM to boot up, however in ElementManager it is still stuck on the 10.10.99.xxx IP address and not able to ping out to the Internet (8.8.8.8). if I am able to connect and ping the BCM from my computer and the phones' IPs are also set to the same network with everything working except for the voicemail to email feature, what IP are you suggesting to change from the phone? to note, the phones are the Nortel 1230 VOIP phones. unfortunately I do not have the credentials to F9*8 into them

Ok thanks

You are via Network then, not Direct.

I am only guessing:
BCM50 is maybe Rls 3?
IP sets are DHCP?
BCM has had a hick-up of sorts to default it's LAN IP
Changing the IP via telest * reboot will resolve issue:
IP 192.168.200.50
Sub 255.255.255.0
Gate 192.168.200.1 <<<----- Important so the BCM can see the world

As for F9*8 go the the main page of the BCM with your browser to the Documentation and look for Telset Administration Guide for the credentials (we cannot post passwords, emails or solicit on forums)
Perhaps the phone says something different then BEM/LanInterfaces....either way best to change it this way then after you pass the Gateway entry press BACK you get the Reboot option.

If still an issue then proceed to answer ALL 7 questions below and report all back:

-Check your Element Manager on the left side to note what IP address you are using to connect too.
-Go back into an IP set and check if it is set to DHCP
-Go into ElementManager/System/IPsubsystem/General and note the Default gateway and the Published IP address
-Go into ElementManager/System/IPsubsystem/LANinterfaces and again note the IP address and Subnet
-Go into ElementManager/DataServices/DHCPserver/General and note if DHCP server is disabled or enabled, and the IP domain name
-Go into ElementManager/DataServices/DHCPserver/AddressRange and note any range if you see one

192.168.200.XXX
???.???.???.??? <----you did not confirm the gateway, go back to run/cmd ipconfig on your PC to verify.

Normally I and others would say call a tech by now... but it's that time of year.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

@curlycord apologies for the lack of updates. not the ideal setup, but we this definitely looks like a firewall issue somewhere. we have a Nortel Contivity 1010 device (not sure what this does in terms of the overall system) that's connected to the PoE switch that the phones and Nortel BCM50 are connected to. this switch is also connected to our internal LAN so that we can ping the phones from our desktops. ultimately the Nortel Contivity 1010 was connected directly to our firewall and that prevented reaching the Internet for some reason. we've moved the Nortel Contivity 1010 to be outside of our firewall so that it can reach the Internet and vmail to email works fine. any ideas what is needed on our firewall to allow the Nortel Contivity 1010 access?

Thanks for update.

I do not know what is needed but suggest you post in an appropriate forum "networking" of sorts such as Describe your setup and why you are using the 1010 etc.

A search of 1010 in all forums in tek-tips here

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back