Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voicemail to email dropping frequently with Office 365 tenants. Reboot usually fixes it. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayjr1105

IS-IT--Management
Jan 14, 2014
US
Have a couple clients with 500V2's on some sort of version 11 release. Both have 365 and we use a shared mailbox to send VM to email. Has been working fine for some time but recently it's seeming to break every week or so for a few clients. Is there a best practice guide for 365 vm to email?

Correction, it's setup using a proofpoint (email filter) relay.
Untitled22_nowkqs.png

When using an O365 account for the VM to Email feature we always use:
Server Address: smtp.office365.com
Port: 587

Check the box for STARTTLS
Check the bos for Server Requires Authentication

User Name: the O365 address above
Passwor: for the O365 address above

I believe this is the only correct and documented way as provided on Microsoft's O365 help site.

One of my techs thinks Avaya doesn't support a high enough TLS for that method to work.

IP500 V2 support TLS 1.2. In security settings look for System | System Details | Minimum Protocol Version.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

I don't know what to tell you @jayjr1105, that method is the only one we use and it works 100% of the time.

Do you keep your clients mostly up to date firmware wise? A couple of the clients having this issue are NOT on 11 like I assumed. Some are on 10.0.x

This works for customers as far back as IPO 9. The easiest thing for you to do is actually try my suggestion instead of questioning if it's going to work or not. All it's going to cost you is a reboot of the IPO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back