Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

voicemail solution for option 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

stefanog65

IS-IT--Management
Jul 29, 2002
US
i have 23 option 11's in remote office in US. I want to find the most inexpensive vmail system to add to each of these offices.

Can you comment if:
I buy used Meridian Mails from vendors (i can use nextira or shared tech or bell south to support these) but on the open used market do I have any problems with getting the keycodes or software to install these systems. Can this feasibly be done with experienced techs without having to get any support from Nortel. I realize that Nortel doesnt sell this equipment any longer or support it.

Any good recommendation

you'll need keycodes.. i would buy a single cp, cheaper in the long run

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Maybe price the CP Mini for each site.

any ball park pricing I should expect for a cp mini, 4 or 8 port less than 50 users? just want to make sure someone doesnt sell me UNDERCOATING for my vmail

A generic CallPilup system can be economical/competitive when you consider the value of the proprietary and hard-to-match integration with the Meridian/CS1000.

The other motivating factor for CallPipdream--Pilot I mean, is that you are almost 100% assured of ongoing compatibility with the PBX where third party VM systems may need more complicated code changes to be compatible with the PBX's evolution.

These points assume a system without Outlook client or releated advanced features....if you add those, the price may still seem reasonable, but you'll probably wonder if you could have done better while hours of frustration are expended by your server and desktop support wizards - who cooincidently will be showered with love pouring from the Cisco "Competitive Marketing" resource pool - further raising doubt about the Meridian system that nobody will be reminded - "has never gone down"

(until you added Windows based voice mail, that is)

Isn't Cisco selling a Linux based system now? That is something I hope Nortel is watching ... and pondering for CallPieInFaceOfBillGates-lot voice mail systems.

GHTROUT.com | FAQs | Recent Replies

It has been a while and I'm not sure if they still have a M-1 intergration but Active Voice (Lingo)was a nice little PC based voice mail that you would program 2616's in a message center "Q". They had 4 and 8 port system's as well as a T-1 intergration to handle 24 ports. Shared Tech was selling them at that time.

Have you looked into a UM solution? Are you running exchange 2007?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back