Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voicemail Routing

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbsadmin

Technical User
Aug 19, 2009
US
Hello,

We have 2 separate Norstar MICS systems and have users that want to forward their voicemails to others across the street (on the other MICS system, over a T-1).

We have been able to route sets/DIDs between the systems by allowing linepool access for PRI-B on the individual sets. Is it possible to forward voicemails between the two systems?

A user when trying to forward voicemail simply doesn't "see" the extensions across the T1, they receive an "invalid mailbox" error.

Any help would be appreciated,

I don't think you're going to be able to do it directly. You'd need MCDN codes and centralized vm. The vm's won't see eachother's mailboxes, as you've found.

okay thanks for the info. I was looking for a direct method, as you've mentioned.

I'm assuming that you have a point to point T1 connection between the 2 Norstars and which voicemails are installed at each site? Why not install an AMIS Keycode on both voicemails and you can do exactly what you're asking to do.

Louie Roldan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back