Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voicemail Programming ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chance2

Vendor
Nov 2, 2003
US
Has anybody used the new generation laptops to program a voicemail and the laptop doesnt have serial ports but USB ports and had to use a USB to RS232 converter ? And yes in particular null modem.

Thanks in advance

I have seen a dude program a Cisco router using the USB adaptor. It was not using VT100 GUI, but rather line-by-line
shell-style. What is your issue? Are you not able to talk at all to the voicemail?

I havent tried yet, just ordered a new laptop and was wondering if anybody else had used USB with the serial adapter to program voicemail. I assume it will work but ya know how that goes.....just wondering if anybody else has been there done that....

thanks

I have used a USB to RS232 Converter to register Ericsson DECT handsets it worked on a GAP set but not the older type unsure whether it was the DECT or the converter that did not work, however I have been told by other Techs that some of the converters work with some programs and not with others....Good luck

thanks for the info guys. Guess I'll go and get the belkin fsu103 and try my luck. appreciate the feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back