Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voicemail problem....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gsqd

MIS
Sep 16, 2004
US
I have a Keyvoice Interchange voicemail system on a DR5, and occasionally when you call in to listen to your messages one of the messages will sound like a scratched record. It will play the first second or so the message over and over again. Keyvoice says it could be message alert turned on and the voltage from the system trying to turn on a light or setting stutter dial tone could be “aggravating” the port.
My question, can I turn off the message alerting for only my voice mail ports?

Gsqd:

For starters how are you interfacing the Norstar DR5 to the Keyvoice Vmail system? Do you have a Norstar Voicecard in the Keyvoice and have station ports connected to the card or do you have a VMI to the Keyvoice?
KeyVoice is a PC/Harddrive based system and what they are telling you about the message waiting and Stutter dial tone voltages "Aggrevating" the system is wrong. Anytime I have had scratchy messages on a voicemail it was the harddrive that needed to be defragged or on a Flash system the PCMIA card had to be defaulted or replaced. Once you hit the port and your in the mailbox leaving the message the N* can't access the port again and send Message Wating voltage?? I doesn't work that way. Does Keyvoice acknowlege that it could be on the voicemail system side? Good luck but that is where I would look!

There are VMIs between the DR5 and Keyvoice. The first thing KV said was to defrag. The system has only been in a few weeks and Disk Keeper said the disk was not in need of defraging, but I did it anyway. The problem still exists with no change. Keyvoice hasn't acknowleged that it could be their problem yet. This is the first time I have ever had this problem, a message stuck repeating the first seconds over and over.

Have you tried re-recording the message. Maybe its recorded with a stutter.

Telemarv,

A caller will leave a message in a mailbox for a user, when the user tries to listen to the message it will repeat the first second or so of the message (i.e. Hi this is Greg Hi this is Greg Hi this is Greg Hi this is Greg......) If the user then hangs up and calls back in to the voicemail it will play the message fine. The problem is always random, different messages, different callers, different vmail boxes, different lines. I guess that's why Keyvoice wanted to check Message notification on the DR5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back