Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voicemail Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

M_A

Technical User
Dec 18, 2022
EG
I have 2 voicemail pro IVR trees, when the caller call the analog lines for the first time, then he should be routed to the first IVR tree ( old IVR ) and when he call the analog lines for the second time, then he should be routed to the second IVR tree ( new IVR ), and when he call for any times after that he will be routed to the new IVR. routing to the old IVR tree is for his first call only. can any one help me on this case ?

How does the phone system know if you have called for the first time..
How does a phone system know this is your second or third time ringing.🤷

Have you ever done this on any other phone system

Maybe try setting up an AA to ask the caller if this is your first time calling then
Press 1 for first time caller
Press 2 if you have called before
Then route the call to your IVR route

i know this solution and recommended it to the customer but he don't want this any way. i know this is difficult to configured like he wanted but i wanted to make sure
that there is no configurations for this way. so i asked for confirmation.

You could do this with the database connector based on the caller ID.

* On a call, check the database to see if that caller ID is in there. If it is, route to the second tree.
* When a call is routed to the first tree, add a row to the database with that caller ID so the system recognises them the second time.

how to do this bro ?

can we do it by load balancing for the 2 IVRs as one call goes to IVR 1 and the second call goes to IVR 2 ? however the caller can be any one!

Oh, if you don't care about the actual caller, just every other call gets a different IVR, then that's pretty easy.

You can use a user variable - in an initial IVR have a check if the variable is 1, if so, set it to 2 and send the caller to IVR 1. If not, set it to 1 and go to IVR 2.

- Qz

thanks Qzwsa , i will try to apply this.

hi QZ,

i tried to apply your recommendation but, not working
Capture1_bbh7t4.png

I did something similar to distribute calls between 5 user's mailboxes. Used a User Variable called "Counter" to hold a numeric value from 1 to 5.

Was not able to use the User Variable's value directly, needed to use a Generic action to set CP0 to $REG(Counter) and then route on $CP0.

Try setting the User Variable to "True" or "False", or "One" or "Two", and then testing the user variable to get your True or False result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back