Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voicemail Pro - Very Simple menu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adillo303

Technical User
Mar 29, 2010
US
I have a new customer that has an IP office (406) they also have voicemail pro.

They bought the system a couple years ago from someone else. The voicemail menu system that was set up has several levels and by the time a customer wends through them all they give up.

They are a four person company and do not wan that complesity.

Theey want a simple greeting, something like "Hello, you have reashed xyx company" they want all calls to go to the office manager and if she does not answer, her voicemail.

That's it.

Whomever sold the system should have just given them embedded.

Currently the incoming lines overflow to hubt group #621. I see the chart for that hunt group. It seems like all I have to do is change what happens there.

I am new to VM Pro

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

andy

Get rid of the overflow, have the incoming calls go to a Main hunt group, where the Receptionist is a member. Make that Main group cover to voicemail after a reasonable number of seconds, in VM Pro, add a Leave action for the Main group to go to the Receptionist's personal mailbox.

Forget the menu, in Manager route calls to the office manager phone and enable voicemail.
For the office manage enable announcements and in VM Pro under specific start points select the offic manager and add a start point for Queued and Still Queued.
In the Queued start add a generic action and record a welcome prompt.
In the Still Queued start point add a generic action and record a prompt like "All users are busy, please hold" or similar.
In Manager > office manager user set the answer time for the announcements to start after 1 second and the repeated message after 15 seconds and let it repeat.

Thank you both.

I really appreciate it.

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back