Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VoiceMail Pro upgrade to R8 problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgonzalez77

IS-IT--Management
Jun 28, 2008
US
Hi all,

recently upgraded the IP Office to R8 and upgraded Voicemail Pro to R8 as well (both were at 4.2).

The IPO seems to be working fine, but twice now since the upgrade (3 days ago), the voicemail server seems to stop working. The services seems to run, and I can log into the Voicemail pro client, but incoming calls ring busy. Outgoing calls work OK. Users are not able to reach their voicemailbox.

The 1st time it happened I restarted the voicemail service, it took 2 attempts, but that worked. This afternoon I just rebooted the server.

So my question is, has anyone else experienced such a problem? Could it be that the "upgrade" to 8 got screwey some where, or could it be just coincidental and the voicemail server (going on 3+ years now) is starting to choke? Any other thoughts?

Thanks!

Its possible. I would check that there is no firewall service interfering and that the machine is CLEAN (from viruses and such).

Honestly would be a good idea to backup your VM directory (or just use the backup in housekeeping), make an extra copy of the config, and wipe out vmpro and reinstall.

Also possible there is an issue with licensing? Did you get the fancy new essential edition license needed to run vmpro, or did you get the upgrade license?

-Austin
ACE: Implement IP Office
qrcode.png

1) Did you verify that your licenses all say VALID?
2) Is there a screen saver OR system power settings that are causing the VMail Server hardrive to stop responding?
3) Use the System Status Monitor to verify OR log into Manager and look at License,
Also check the error log in the System Status Monitor.

Do you have voice questions in your VMPro database?

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

True, there are a couple of VMPro bugs in 7.0 and 8.0

BAZINGA!

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions;

1 - There is no firewall enabled
2 - Yes, I verified all licenses are valid
3 - No Screen saver or power saving features enabled
4 - No questions in VM Pro

Just to be clear, this server (an HP Business PC), has been running voicemail Pro 4.2 without a hiccup for 3 years or so. This was an upgrade to R8 (as opposed to a fresh rebuild), there were no errors or issues during the upgrade (other than having to re-import the call-flows).

By the way, the version of R8 that I downloaded was R8 (18), I assume that is the most current, right?

Thanks!

Go to services -> vmpro service and set it for restarting the service when it stops.
Also check the event viewer and see if there are errors.
Do not leave the VMPro client open on the VMPro server when you done.

BAZINGA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back