Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voicemail Pro - Transfering to Extenal number

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gman1108

Technical User
Jun 16, 2006
GB
I hope someone can help with this...

Initially, I thought this couldn't be done, but there must be a way of getting round it.

I need to send all calls from Voicemial Pro to a mobile, which I can do.

But, I wonder if there's a way to make the call goto a second mobile if the first doesn't answer?

I thought of maybe doing an assisted transfer with some no answer and busy fields but it doesn't quite work.

Can anyone come up with a clever way around this at all?

Thanks.

Oh, I'm running Manager 3.0.56, cant remember version of Voice Mail Pro.

What trype of cell are you sending it to. I know that with nextel as soon as the call starts to ring the IPO sees it as a connected call. i am not sure about other carriers but that could be your issue. THe assisted trans is the only thing i can think of unless you want outcalling.

Thanks Kwing,

I'm in the UK using Vodafone. What you say about the call connecting makes sense actually, so it just won't see the call as unanswered in which case it won't bring it back to try the second number.

But again, the assisted transfer will still see the call as connected so that won't work either.

I guess I could I just set the mobiles to forward on busy/no answer to each other.

Hmmm, back to the drawing board. And all this cos sending calls down the VPN tunnel no longer works! I get the call but just can't get the PM to answer the call, the enter does nothing....Great!

Point the call to a sequential group with two virtual users that are forwarded to two different mobile numbers.

Why doesnt an assisted transfer work? That should def work 100%

ACA - IP Office Implement
ACS - IP Office Implement
ACE - IP Office Implement
ACI - IP Office Implement

If you use a sequential group make sure that the no answer timeout for the user is set to be less than the time the mobile phone's voicemail answers.

Maybe this is why the assisted transfer failed as well? As you may know there is a timeout option of the assisted transfer.

Apologies if I am stating the obvious.

Thanks

Andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back