Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voicemail Pro Short Codes limit 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

sespinoza

IS-IT--Management
Jul 13, 2016
US
Hello,

I have a 2 part question:
1. Is there a limit on the number of short codes that can be added in voicemail pro? (under Specific Start Points)
2. I am going to make short codes for each sales person with a DID (so this totals to about 400-500) so that when someone calls the DID, it is sent to their short code which would play an announcement and then send the call to the sales person's extension. Is there any negatives to this (aside from the ton of work this will be) that I may not be seeing?

example of what I mean for #2

test_bihbw7.png

Thank you

Well, I would like to know why the customer want's this.
What's the requirement?

It's one thing to do it but is it worth doing or can it be done better.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

Great question
The announcement being played is just to tell the customer that the call may be recorded.

We already have the announcement being played at the auto attendant
The announcement has also been added in case a customer presses 0 at the voicemail of the sales person
The only hole left is if a customer calls a DID for a sales person. If the sales person picks up the call and then transfers to customer service, they would never hear the greeting.

We are aware of the voicemail pro option to play a message for any call being recorded but that cause a situation where the customer would hear that multiple times in a conversation. For example, if they call customer service then get transferred to tech support. They would hear it twice and possibly more depending on how many times they get transferred. Ideally the customer shouldn't have to hear that more than once.

So we arrived at this solution, albeit not one that will be easy.

As an FYI, the DID does not have any relation to the extension of the person. So if my extension is 1111, my DID could be anything. The 1111 is not in my DID.

Do the DDI digits match to extension numbers. If so you could probably do it all in one simple module, a lot easier on you and the server configurations.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

No, the extensions do not have any correlation to the direct dial number.

Think you're better of making them match so you don't first of all need to make 500 VM.shortcodes and don't need to keep track of new and old.

You should be able to make a shortcode with a prefix that matches their extension.
For example 99XXXX / Voicemail Collect / "RecordingAnnouncement".
Then after the announcement you can transfer back to the last 4 digits that were dialed.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

Else, set the tag as the destination. Then route all incomming call to one shortcode. Play the announcement and forward the call to the number set in the tag.

@janni78 - unfortunately these DIDs have been setup for over a year now and are on people's business cards so I dont think that would be an option for them.

@okkie26 - not sure what you mean here...could you explain a little more? sounds promising

What Okkie means is to enter the extension into the Tag field in the incoming call route, send the calls all to the same module and then transfer to the Tag as destination.
This way you only need 1 module.

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

Amazing!! that works! Thank you very much okkie26!

And also thank you Westi for explaining it!

You you are most welcome

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

Well star for that. Finally got round to testing a module callflow that could then be dropped into the leave mail of every sales person but your's is much better.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Funny, I have build a VMPro script today for 100 different DDI numbers with a complete different purpose but yours is quite simple to build.
I use only one module for all DDI's, prerequisite is that the extension numbers match with the last three or four digits of the extension.

In VM Pro module named DDI:
Start > Generic action put the right three (or four) digits from $DDI in sysvar $CP0 and play a message (in your case "Welcome to Big Brother, we are recording this conversation so we can blackmail you in the future based on what you say") > Next > Transfer to $CP0

In ICR:

DDI : 123456xxx Target: VM:DDI Recording:enabled Recording target : Big Brothers mailbox

Well unfortunately the extensions have no relation to the DIDs so it gets to be a little more involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back