Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voicemail Pro Service Setup on 2003 Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

scmhc

IS-IT--Management
Nov 7, 2006
US
My consultant states that the service is started under a specific user - Avaya. She states that it has to be that way if you have a raid server because the service will not start if you lose a disk. This doesn't sound right to me.
Any comments????? I wanted the service to be under the local user.

As far as I know you can select under which user the Voicemail Pro service should run. I cannot think of a reason why this should be user 'Avaya'.

The purpose of a RAID is that the system won't go down is a disk fails. So why Voicemail Pro should not start if one disk crashes is a mistery to me.

I wanted the service to be under the local user." - why?

How much are you paying that consultant? It is definitely too much. Does she have have nice, big... um, nevermind.

Choose local system account and allow service to interact with desktop (which is what I think you want)

There are circumstances where a service will not start if you log in as a different user or restart the PC and don't log in. This isn't one of them.

Thanks,
It's under the local Admin Account.
I appreciate all your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back