Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voicemail Pro sending same message on receipt of new message

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCNIPOffice

IS-IT--Management
Jun 1, 2010
US
Hi all,

Running 8.0.44 and 8.0.1011 VM Pro. For a subset of users, when a new message is received, VM light lights up on phones and instead of hearing the message left, users receive the same previous message over and over again. Resolution has been to delete the VM/Accounts/<username> folder and restart VMPro and that seems to fix it for a while, but the issue creeps up in a different user the next day.

In the VM/Accounts/<username> folder, I see the problem voicemail labeled as MSG#####.WAV instead of the hash name they usually get. It's as if VM Pro renames the file temporarily and then fails to name it back, causing it to get in this stuck state. Speculation entirely on my part.

Anyone else encountering this? Know of a workaround?

Thanks.

You could try the 8.0.1009 version.
I did not see this happen in this version (yet)

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Downgrade to 1009?

Is this something that started in 1011?

1011 is only made because of Spanish promts but with patches they always break other stuff :)

BAZINGA!

Well, I think I've sorted it.

If I increment the MSGNUM.TXT to the next number, it seems to resolve itself (and not require a restart).

I almost wonder if the issue is happening because I've restarted VM Pro service while a message is being recorded. If I monitor the folder while a message is being recorded, VM Pro stores it as MSG#####.WAV. Once the call is disconnected, it then gets renamed.

My guess is that this happens when the service is restarted mid recording. We have enough users that this is probably the case.

In other news, does 8.1 fix the awful loud static before a greeting is played? And the issue with save and make live causing the listen action to break?

There are a couple of issues with save and make live while not idle.
This is all fixed in 8.1
I have an issue that you will hear "enter your mailbox number" when you call in to a module.
This is caused because of a save and make live when not idle.
When i restart the service then it works again.

But why do you restart the service anyway?

BAZINGA!

The "enter your mailbox number" is because the listen module breaks in VM Pro on save & make live if there are any active channels being used. For us, we have autorecord turned on (and use a custom autorecord module) so if a call is being recorded when the save & make live button is pushed, the action breaks and instead of quietly connecting it treats the call like conferencing in a new voicemail call--hence "enter your mailbox number."

Restarting the service fixes it as you mentioned. So I restart the service:

1. when needing to make changes during the day and there's no way I can clear all the autorecord calls in time because of call volume to prevent the issue above from happening.
2. when trying to fix this issue by removing the account folder and restarting the service to rebuild (which only causes it to move to another user who has a recording happening at the same time, I would assume).

It also happens without any call recording.
We had the problems our selves with call recording but this site does not use call recording.
I am not really sure if it is caused by just a queue message or a voice question causing it.

BAZINGA!

Just as a note, it appears to be happening without a service restart. Keeping an eye on it further, but after fixing the msgnum.txt and deleting the offending WAV file, I've seen some pop up in other users VM. Not sure if I missed them the first time around or not, but no service restart today.

This keeps happening, cycling through different users, with no service restart. Will try downgrading to 1009 and completely deleting Accounts folder.

Good luck then :)
Hopefully it will fix the issue.

BAZINGA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back