Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VoiceMail Pro recordings to CD

Status
Not open for further replies.

RLEE5

MIS
May 14, 2002
US
Greetings All:

We recently started recording 50% of the calls to our call center on ramdom days for training & review. It was a bit tedious for our supervisors to listen the these recording on the system, so I found a poor man's way to save them to CD.

Just go to c:\Program Files\Avaya\IP Office\Voicemail Pro\VM\Accounts\... (Then to the extention or hunt group you're recording. All of the recorded calls will be there as .wav files. If you're like us, one day's worth of recordings was about 800MB.

Just copy the WAV files down to a PC, (I would NOT recommend doing this on the VM server), Rip them to MP3's (I really like CDEX, & it's free) using a 54 or 96 sampling rate, and they will all fit nicely on a CD. Works like a charm!

Try It!

R.Lee

Or you could install contact store

Most customers want an automatic solution. Too many manual interventions with the method you have described.

Like I said: "Poor Man's Solution".

We really don't feel like giving Avaya / VAR's any more money than we have to. If someone want's an automatic or "one button" solution, that's fine. Personally, I like finding ways of doing things other than what the book says.

R.E.L.

Trust me. The customers that desire the manual method use the method that you have described. However that method is a small minority of my customer base.

Just trying to share the knowledge, brother!

R.E.L.

P.S. I AM the customer.

Well in that case you are right!

Long live knowledge sharing.

While the information provided doesn't affect me (we don't record calls), don't let a bunch of negatives get you down, RLee5, as any information posted here may help somebody, some day. Thanks, and please post again should you encounter a similar "work-around" for a problem that you're having, etc, as some of us are in fact customers and you never know who's trying to do what...

After all, manual or not, to anybody who needs a solution and needs it implemented before such a "one button" method can be purchased, installed, and implemented, this method may be useful for a week or two while things are being set up for a more perminent soluton long-term. Again, thanks!

Activesync or other software of it's type can sync the folder to another PC auto. If a training laptop is used, then have the mp3 player on the laptop, and take it to the training room.
I have not sync'd files from the .wav files in the VMPRO, but have used active sync, and it should not be hard to set up. Many PDA's , or smart phones come with this software included, and few use it. .

You do not always get what you pay for, but you never get what you do not pay for.

Just thought I would add the fact that this can also be accomplished in a more automated fashion using batch file or .bat if you know how to set the commands. You can have the batch file auto-copy all the .wav files to a mapped network drive or even a dvd drive to be backed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back