Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voicemail Pro - Preference (General F9) not opening 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

HantzT

Technical User
Feb 24, 2014
CA
Voicemail Pro Client 9.0.7.0 Build 2

I have never been able to have the General (F9) Preferences opening when I click on it in Voicemail Pro and this is since the beginning of the implementation of Avaya IP Office at our office more than 2 years ago.

I have tried on many computer with windows 7/8/10 and it's always the same issue.
I have tried brand new install also with the same issue.

Does anybody know a fix for this issue?

It works for me. You do actually have to be logged into the VM Pro server first though.

Ok! just make sure I'm clear on something I know how to use Voicemail pro.

I have been able to modify, create and implement news modules since the beginning.

The only thing I am unable to access is the General Preferences.

Sorry, I wasn't implying that you don't know how to use VM Pro. My only suggestions would be to try upgrading VM Pro to a newer build if you haven't already.

Make sure you run it as administrator otherwise it has all kind of weird stuff not working

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

Sounds like your account has only "Standard" or "Basic" access and no "Administrator" access rights.
Can you set Alarms? If not then you only have "Basic" access?
Can you add a new user with "Adminstrator" rights? If not you only have "Standard" access.
If you can do both the you have "Administrator" rights and there must be a database corruption somewhere.
Locate the file "userlist.dat" on the VM Pro server, delete it and try again as "Administrator/Administrator" but take a full backup first of both the VM Pro config and the "userlist.dat" file.

Might not be corruption. Avaya a did have a bug whereby if you had both Basic and Standard rights assigned in security settings then you only got basic privileges.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

I have Admin Rights!

And I will try what intrigrant suggested, thanks guy!

And by the way DaIPOTek, I just wanted to clarify it since I noticed after your comment that an outside viewer might look at the issue from a way different angle. Thank you for your answer anyway!

Thank you guys for your feedbacks!

Hantz T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back