Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voicemail Pro not working 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarcVerheijen

Technical User
Apr 16, 2015
NL
Hello,

I have a problem with a customer with the VoiceMail Pro.
I installed it on a new server (Windows Server 2022), imported the backup, copied the WAV files, started the VMPRO service and stopped it on the old server.
I change the IP address of the VMPRO in de IP500 V2, but after the restart finished i see in the SSA the Voicemail type as None.
I can ping the IPO500 from the new server, and i can ping the new server from SSA. What can cause this?

Kind regards,
Marc Verheijen

run the firewall batch file.
Even if the firewall is off :)

Are they on the same subnet or in different ones?
If they are in different ones then it could be some ports being blocked on the routers

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

Does the password in IPO Security Settings > System > Unsecured Interfaces match the password in VMPro > Administration > Preferences > General ?

Are you running any other services off the server? For example, is it setup as a Domain Controller, or is it acting as a DHCP server.

It's usually the password in security settings and also VMPro client not in sync.
The newer systems require 31 character passwords.
Reset both and see if it connects.

do yourself a huge favour & ditch windows for the application server. you are clearly on an old release of ipo, current & future versions are apps server only

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

ACSS

It was indeed the password in the voicemail pro client. Only when i call now i get a default messagge "enter your mailbox number"
I copied the WAV map from the old server to the new one. And in VMPro > Administration > Preferences > General i set the type to IPOffice.
Could it be an error occured during copying or during install? Or did i forget something after the WAV map copy and importing the MDB backup?

Perhaps it is a permissions issue on the folders?

when I call" What exactly are you calling? Usually if you get that greeting instead of an expected auto attendant is a problem with the module name or the way you are routing it to the VMP. Most common errors are spelling or capitalization.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

What i meant was that i called a number which is directed to a voicemail module. I believe that after an import of a MBD file i need to click on Save and Make Live, which i forgot the first time.
If i import the file and i click on the Save and Make Live the programm crashes (the sign that it is busy with something keeps turning). Itt is a file of 20MB, but when i do the same on my laptop importing the same file in voicemail pro client, then all goes well.
Is it something i do wrong, or could it be something on the server. I tried with the Anti-virus shut down, but with the same result.

It is a Windows Server 2022 Standard.
Processor: Intel(R) Xeon(R) Gold 6326 CPU @ 2.90GHz 2.89 GHz
Installed RAM: 16GB
System type: 64bit operating system, x64-based processor
version: 21H2
OS build: 203.481.668

Last I knew the VM pro Windows app is only certified for Windows 2019. Might work but not covered by Avaya.
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back