Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voicemail Pro License Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweetac

IS-IT--Management
Nov 2, 2006
US
I configured everything for the IP office, including the Voicemail Pro license, before setting up the Voicemail Pro server. The license was confirmed as valid before it was pulled out of production (I have the screenshot also). When I added the license and saved the configuration/restarted, the license went into Valid state. It remained in that state for the next few days. I finally got around to installing the Voicemail Pro server and when I went back to configure voicemail for the users in Manager, I noticed it was N/A. When I went back to licenses the state is now Invalid. Could this be caused by the version of Voicemail Pro that is installed? Are there any other things that could be causing this license to now be shown as Invalid? It is a non-expiring license for 250 users. Thanks in advance!

Do you have the ip address of VM server pointed to server/ PC.
Do you have VM services running?

What kind of dongle do you have?

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

I am using the smart card in the IPO.

Unable to enable VM.

is the voicemail type set to lite/pro?
if set to none you will not be able to enable VM on the handsets, otherwise the invalid licence should not stop you configuring things, although he VM will only run in demo mode for 2 hrs at a time.

Licence Invalid

Has anyone been playing with the system (check the audit trail, trust no-one!)
is the smart card still in place?
is it the same one the licence was generated for?
if all the above are correct delete the licence & re-enter (copy & Paste!)

Mundus vult decipi decipiatur ergo.

Can the system see the dongle number? You can check by opening Manager and in the system tab should be the feature key number, if not the card could be duff (try power down rebooting, if not then format and re-create), just had one with similar symptoms today that needed replacing (SSA does not show running secondary software, it does show as feature key not detected/invalid in alarms though) :)

NTE-wave-logo-for-a4-header.jpg

Andy it is a V1 with a smart card not an SD card
reseating might help if it doesn't recognize the card but then it should also not work at all for any phones.

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS

Google it you damn kids

Yes, card is seated and serial number shows up in system panel of manager. VM service is running.

Did you copy the key in to manager or did you type it in?
Is it perhaps the wrong key?
Try to paste it back in again.
I have seen this where there should be a capital letter when it was not.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

I deleted and re-entered the key and it validated successfully. The strange thing is that it validated originally and nothing was changed on it.

Thanks everyone!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back