Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voicemail Pro Generic Action to Set Hunt Group Service Mode 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldSchool70

Technical User
Feb 25, 2015
US
What am I missing? I created a Module with a start point and pointed a DID at it. I created and connected a Generic Action. I created a greeting that says Press 0 to put the hunt group out of service, Press 1 to put the hunt group in service and press 2 to put the hunt group into night service. On the Specific tab I have: Generic Command: Chagne User or Group Configuration, Operation is Set, From User/Group Mailbox I selected the hunt group that I want to manipulate, the Parameter is Service Mode ->(0,1 or 2) and with Value is $SAV
What am I missing?

Basically you've told the caller to press some keys but haven't done anything to collect the key presses and route the call accordingly.

After the Start action you need a menu action with your "press 0 for..." etc prompts and 0,1 and 2 selected as menu options. Then link all those to your generic action. In the generic action change the variable to $KEY which will contain the caller's last key press (ie. the one they made in the menu action).

More work I would personally have 3 generic actions, 1 for each state change, so that each can also contain a prompt that confirms to the callers that the action has been done, eg, "Group now in night service".

And total cleverness would start be reading the current group state and announcing its "Group is in night service" before then allowing them to change it or just leave.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Use a Generic action to GET the service mode of the group, it will be saved as $SAV. You can put $SAV as the prompt for the next generic action, where you will hear 0, 1, or 2. Or you can use a Variable Routing based on the value of $SAV with the 0 branch to a generic prompt that says "Out of Service", 1 to "In Service", and 2 to "Night Service"

Just beware, you'll get drawn down the rabbit hole into the full power of VM Pro and before you realize it, end up with brilliant but incomprehensible spaghetti callflows. That is, incomphrehensible when you come back to look at them 6-months later. Explore and learn the use of modules to keep things simple now!

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Thank you TTT and Sizbut for your replies. I am trying to figure out, specifically, how to use Variable Routing as you suggested.

Clearly label each action so you know what everything does without having to open each item and check the specific tab. This is a subroutine to check the status of the group Main and return through one of 3 different branches depending on the mode.

NightOOS_iol7nv.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back