Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voicemail Pro DTMF Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

superikey

Technical User
Nov 12, 2005
US
IP500 V2 Running 11.0 SP2
SIP Trunks, set to use G.711 codec (for better quality).
SIP Running through a dedicated firewall using FIOS 500MB Internet, connected using WAN2
Having issues when callers call in and dial extns from Auto Attendant and Dial Room #'s to enter a conf bridge.
VM Pro seems to catch random digits twice so that a user dialing 312, may be seen as 311 (the one is seen twice), or 331 (the three is seen twice).
SIP Carrier traced and verified the correct digits are being seen and passed to the PBX.
Did not have this issue with traditional PRI prior to switching over to SIP.

Any ideas?

Any settings in VM Pro for it to be less sensitive with DTMF?

Please help.

Isaac Braca
Avaya ACA - IP Office
CTO / ICCS & Co., LLC.

ICCS, Your Premier IT & Telecom Partner, is a New York City Based Avaya SMB Expert Business Partner and IT Consulting Firm.

Visit and Post on my Blog:

have you run a trace or capture?
try to set the DTMF support to RFC and uncheck "allow direct media" from the sip line>voip tab, if its not set up already.

DTMF already set it RFC2833
Ran Monitor Trace and it shows the incorrect digits.
This is a hit or miss issue, but you can reproduce it when holding the digits longer when dialing in the automated attendant.
But still happens even if you don't hold the digits longer.

Isaac Braca
Avaya ACA - IP Office
CTO / ICCS & Co., LLC.

ICCS, Your Premier IT & Telecom Partner, is a New York City Based Avaya SMB Expert Business Partner and IT Consulting Firm.

I changed DTMF on the SIP Trunk to Inband, and that seems to have resolved this issue.

Isaac Braca
Avaya ACA - IP Office
CTO / ICCS & Co., LLC.

Your SIP provider should only send dtmf out of band and not inband. Out of band is preferred since rfc 2833 should be more reliable. The IPO SIP trunk can only be set to one type of dtmf and vmpro will not detect correctly if BOTH inband and out of band dtmf are received. Inband for some calls and out of band for other calls. An analysis VoIP calls for incoming dtmf from SBC or IPO server packet traces will tell the tale on what is received and sent to vmpro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back