Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voicemail Pro Down (Fallback Number) 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhosYourDiffie

Technical User
Mar 5, 2018
US
Hello all,

When Voicemail Pro goes down, a customer wants a fallback number to go to a certain extension.

Is it possible to do this?

Please let me know.

Thank you!!
Diffie [afro]

Yes.

I am sure if you look at the error pane tab on manager it will tell you all about it.
It gives you a warning and tells you to set up a hunt group to match the vmpro module.

Basically set up a hunt group with the same name as you vmpro module.
Assign users to the module.

We usually create a group call "VoicemailDown" and add that to the I/C call routes fallback destination rather than a single user. This way the customer knows the voicemail is not working when they see the group name in their display.

“Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry.”

Terry Pratchet

It's better to use fallback in ICR, that way you can use the mailbox on the group (while VM is working), you can't do that if it matches a module as it disappears, obviously because the name matches the module :)

Excellent ideas all!

I highly like the idea of making a fallback group named "VOICEMAIL DOWN". That should help in future installs. (this customer just wants the fallback to go to one phone.)

Thank you all for all your help!

Diffie [afro]

Like your idea Ekster
Must try that,

I forgot to mention to add it to the ICZr Fallback destination.

So admiral why does the manager ask you to create a hunt group with the same name as the module for fallback.

WhosYourDiffie said:
I highly like the idea of making a fallback group named "VOICEMAIL DOWN". That should help in future installs. (this customer just wants the fallback to go to one phone.)

So just create the group with the one user in it

“Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry.”

Terry Pratchet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back