Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voicemail pro announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

eddiebullman

Programmer
Jun 24, 2008
GB
Hi Guys

Is there any way using voicemail pro to do the following
A call comes in to a hunt group and is given a queue message that gives the position and queue ETA

When the call is answered by an extension in the group that extension is played an announcement before being connected to the external caller

In my ten years working with IP Office I have had the most strange questions but this one will be ranked in the top ten.
No you cannot and why would you do that? What is the purpose of it?

If it ain't dutch it ain't much

Is there any way using voicemail pro to do the following
A call comes in to a hunt group and is given a queue message that gives the position and queue ETA

Yes that is basic stuff.

When the call is answered by an extension in the group that extension is played an announcement before being connected to the external caller
Why do you want that? the phone rings so they already are notified of a caller, that is why it rings.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Hi

The reason for this is i have a two DDIs that ring a group of phones but they are for a different companys and the users don't always look at their phone (9508 phones) before answering so I want it to announce on one of the DDIs that it is for a different company

It may be basic stuff bt how do you do it?

Thanks

eddiebullman,

Looking at the whisper action in VMPro, it would seem that this would work if you added that to the leave action for the huntgroup. Check the help files. You can then set the call to be automatically connected after the announcement "X company call now connecting.

Whisper module on VM Pro is the way to go. We use it for when we support other customers so we know who to answer the phone as.

? Why not use a welcom message before the call is presented to the group, then the person answering the phone does not have to say "welcome at compamy A" as this was already done in the initial message. They can just say "Hello how can I help you ( off your money )?"

A simple mind delivers great solutions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back