Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voicemail Pro 5.0.21 not deleting "deleted" messages 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

vid151

MIS
Feb 13, 2005
US
I have a voicemail pro 5.0.21 that is not deleteing deleted messages.

we loged in to look as other things, and noticed that the old messages are staying in the account folders,

the status message file shows every wav file still in it and you can see that they all have +D in front of them, they just dont seem to be proccessed, and the files are not getting purged.

has anyone seen this behavior before?

*in house keeping old messages are set to delete after 720 hours, every thing else is set to keep * there is no setting in 5.0.21 to retain deleted messages...

thanks
Dave

The highest version used is 4.2.27 so this might not apply to version 5 but on both version 3 and 4 VM Pro only actually deletes the files when it hasn't handled any kind of call for two hours so that could be why they are still there.

as as1981 stated the messages get deleted by the housekeeping of the voicemail after a time of being idle and I think he is right that it is 2 hours. You can that way if you know where to look recover deleted messages before they get erased from the harddrive. that can be quite handy at times.

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

insanity is just a state of mind

Thanks for the confirmation and the delay has saved us before when someone deleted a message by mistake :)

wow..... this is an extremely busy system, but maybee we need to look to see what is happening, there should be dead times at night, they have messages months old ... some in november of last year....

I will investigate further to see how busy the system is....

thanks guys

so we have a bad trunk card
it is ringing in to voicemail ( the AA) all of the time...

so vmail is never idle...
so old messages never deleted

it is so simple when you find out how it works

thanks guys.

Dave

Try restarting the VMPro services; I have found that often, strange quirks in the behavior of Avaya's VM system are resolved that way.

I have begun writing scripts to restart VMPro and its associated DB service weekly for all my customers.

MCSE, ACA, 12+ years in the IT field

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back