Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voicemail Play Buttons on M3900 Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

ttiiaakkaa

IS-IT--Management
Mar 24, 2017
US
Does anyone know where to program on the M3900 series...when a user goes into his voicemail. They claim they had some soft keys for playing pausing and backwards and forwards delete etc.
Is this programmed as a feature? Or is it a hard coded option or application that needs to be downloaded to the M3900 series.

It's more than likely a firmware issue on the set.

Going back a couple of years now for that one. I remember that there is a way to get the keys for playback to appear on the softkeys. It's a CallPilot function that you set up there, and then allow it in the CLS. In theory it sounds great but if you try to implement it you will likely regret the decision. It behaves differently between phone models and even between firmware levels on the same model. It becomes a support nightmare to keep it working across an enterprise. Even Avaya disavowed providing much help for it.

I never remember doing anything for this to work on 3900 series phones other than make sure the firmware was updated. Been a long time though. Maybe there was more to it than that.

Wanebo Re-Call Pilot....that might explain why it suddenly vanished. We upgraded to AVAYA AURA Messaging.
KCFLHRC ....Ill check doing the firmware issue they are up to date maybe I need to downgrade the phones

Those functions will not work with Aura Messaging. It's a Call Pilot thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back