Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voicemail Picks Up at 1st ring (sometimes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

adrianrodriguez

Technical User
Dec 3, 2005
US
Hi,

Norstar CallPilot.
Lines are set to pickup at 4 rings, but sometimes voicemail picks up at the 1st ring. This happens inconsistently.
Any ideas?

thanks,

Adrian

I am not a Nortel man, but I recently had a similar problem with a Vodavi Starplus System.
I had the operator extension programmed like I had all of the other phones for Forward to Voice Mail on Busy or No Answer. For a regular station user, this is fine, but for someone that might receive calls reguarly while on another line, that is not good.
What happens is that when she is not on a call and a call comes in, she has time to answer, or the system picks up on the 4th ring. When she is on another call, the forwarding automatically goes to voice mail and answers the call immediately.
I corrected the issue by forwarding her calls to voice mail for No Answer only, not for Busy calls.
Perhaps the Nortel has the same options for station forwarding.
Hope this helps.
Gary Blake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back