Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voicemail Password

Status
Not open for further replies.

rval80

Technical User
Sep 23, 2009
US
Customer has an IP Office 6.1(5). I have set default voicemail passwords for the users, but when they go and change them, the password does not take. When they try to check messages remotely, the system only accepts the password that I set. Does anyone else have this issue? I am new to this system, so if it's something simple, please be nice!

After you make password changes. Close Manager.
It can not be open when the user changes their passwords if it is different from what you have set..

After you make password changes. Close Manager.
It can not be open when the user changes their passwords if it is different from what you have set..
That should not matter because you pull a config, change it and then you send it back.
Although i never leave it open either.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Are they using Visual Voice or are they going through the message prompts to change it?

R.A.F.
Communications Solutions, Inc

We are what we repeatedly do; therefore, excellence is not an act but a habit - Aristotle

If a man does his best, what else is there? - General George S. Patton

Not sure why your users are having this problem but as you are new to the system I will give you a quick tip to speed up installations

Do not bother to set a default VM Passcode.
intuity mode will prompt the user to set a passcode when the mailbox is first accessed (just press # when it asks for current pascode)

IP office mode will not require a passcode at all

in default users without a passcode can only access their mailbox from kmon secure locations (set in source numbers) by default this is their own exnt only.

I do not Have A.D.D. im just easily, Hey look a Squirrel!

tlpeter,

Correct me if I am wrong, When you open up a config, it takes a snapshot of what is currently programmed. Then you make your changes and send it back.. If at some point while your making your changes in Manager and a user changes their passwords at same time and you send the config the password in manager is still from the manager was opened it does not change even thouigh the user changed password..

I think I am saying that right..

That is the downside of an offline config.
Yes there is a chance that something changes when you are changing the config.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

IPGuru
Intuity mode only forces you to setup a password if you go through the *17 not if you use visual voice and have the extensions setup as trusted source which they are by default.
Still weird that this would happen all the time, once I can understand then you change the password again and during that time nobody makes a change in the config and screws you up even though right when the system is installed and you tweak here a bit and there a bit it might happen more often than during a regular use and programming.

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS

Google it you damn kids

Thanks Westi
I try to avoid Intuity mode so had missed the fact that it worked properly with visual voice

I do not Have A.D.D. im just easily, Hey look a Squirrel!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back