Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voicemail Only Extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

rgrignon

MIS
Feb 18, 2005
US
I'm sure this is very easy but I am coming from the Nortel World.

I have to setup an extension that goes directly to voicemail. It will never have a phone associated to it. How do I go about creating this.

This is simple in the Nortel World. Create a 1 user ACD number and NightcallForward to Voicemail...

I'm looking for the similar solution to this...

Thanks

Create a CTI Port, put an Extension number on it and CFWD All to VMail. Create the mailbox in Unity with the same Extension and there you go. :)

Thank you, Thats exactly what I was looking for...

Next question (If I may)

Is there a way in unity to just play the message and hang up. No option to leave a message?

Go to that mbx. Select Edit, then Greetings. Select the appropriate greeting.
There should be a section "After Greeting" with a Call Action and Call Handler boxes. In the Call Actions, select Hang Up.
That should do it or at least it does on mine.
Dan

Dan is correct on the method, you can select Hang Up, number of times to repeat the message, etc from that screen.
You can also select Goodbye rather than Hang Up.

CTI Port is an excellent Solution
I was going to advise you to create a device profile and Forward it to voice mail

but CTI port is better

and for the voice message , Dan soluion is perfect also

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back