Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VoiceMail Not Picking up

Status
Not open for further replies.

nxpsupport

IS-IT--Management
Mar 26, 2008
US
I setup a new mail box for a new employee for a customer. He name is showing up on the phone she is setup to use and she can check her voicemail from that phone. This is a Nortel Business Communications Manager 3.6. When I called the extension it just keeps ringing and never picks up, this happens internally also. They are a new customer and I haven't really worked with too much Nortel equipment before because we mainly handle servers/networks. I've figured a lot out with this system but I can't seem to figure this out. Does anybody have any suggestions?

Also Can anybody explain to me what the Express Messaging Line is?

You need to be in Telephony programming, and it's CFNA (Call Forward No Answer) to the Call Pilot DN. You find out the Call Pilot DN by pressing Ftr985. Express Messaging Line is where you would insert the Target Line # of a DID for incoming Faxes to the mail box.

Adversity is Opportunity

Can you walk me through how to get into Telephony programming? Currently I'm only using the web interface to work with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back