Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voicemail Mode Change 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

rlstiles

IS-IT--Management
May 11, 2012
CA
Hi folks,

I have an IP Office running R8.1 that is currently configured to use IP Office Mode for Embedded Voicemail. If we were to change it to use Intuity Mode, would we have to re-record all of the greetings for the users mailboxes and Auto Attendant, etc.

Thanks.

Don't change it, there are bugs in the intuity mode, with voicemail messages being cut off after a few seconds beong one of them, only fix is to use IP Office mode :)

Hi,

Is this issue with messages being cut off related directly with IPO R8.1 or Intuity mode in general whether on Embedded Mode or VoiceMail Pro.

Thanks.

Embedded in general at the moment... it's present in 8.0 and 8.1 is just 8.0 with added stuff but still based on the same code so it will be present there too, no such issue with VM Pro at the moment :)

Thanks for the heads-up! So, if and when Avaya decides to fix this, can we change the Voice Mail mode from IP Office to Intuity withouy any headaches? What are the downsides / pitfalls?

Thanks.

Changing it does not require a reboot and all user data and recordings stay.

ACIS
ACSS
APSS
CompTIA Convergence+
CCNA
CCVP
I'm also ShoreTel certified :(

Our VM Pro is already set to Intuity from a previous version, should I be on IP Office mode instead? It sounds like bugs are present in Intuity. I don't understand the differences between the two.

People in the US who rely on VM tend to like Intuity, people in Eur/UK who don't use/rely on VM as heavily prefer IP Office mode (with the odd exception) mainly as the prompts are briefer with less of a barrage of options etc :)

@altmank - bugs are only in Intuity version of the Embedded product - Voicemail Pro is fine (can't say bug-free, but relatively so).

for our customers (North America) the big reason to use VM Pro Intuity mode is the ability to do broadcast VM's and multiple greetings (not available in VM pro IPO mode).

The irony of the embedded Intuity mode is that it gives you neither of those desired features, plus it has the clunky Intuity interface, plus it's bugged ;)

the worst of all worlds.

GB

Greybeard191, that is worth a star :)

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back