Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voicemail message for mutliple phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmcbeath

IS-IT--Management
Nov 6, 2012
BM
Our company is closing and was wandering if I can create a generic voice mail message that I can push to all phones in our company. If possible how can I do this I was thinking about call forwarding every extension to a specific number however this would pose problems.

What system do you have and what revision of software?

Release level: 4.0 SP2
Active software load: 10.0.2.8
Inactive software load: Not available
System relink: No relink has been applied
Call Control relink: No relink has been applied
Platform: LX, 512MB of RAM

Assuming you have PRI, do you want the main number and associated DDIs to go through to a message which advised them the company is closed and then disconnects the call?

If so, the first thing you need to do is create a message, I would do this by creating a MLAA (menu node mailbox), are you familiar with embedded VM?

We have two PRI's but we want the message to record vm not disconnect the call is this possible? Basically if some one calls any ext in the comapny we want it to say we are closed and then record a message.

embedded or external voicemail?

I'd tell you a UDP joke but I'm afraid you won't get it. TCP jokes are the best because you always get them.

embedded voicemail - we want the main number to have an embedded vm. you call from an external number we want it to ring 5 times then vm.

How does the main number currently route? Does it ring a group of phones? A console?

You can reroute this number to VM, create a mailbox that states the company is closed, then reroute the other exts to this same mailbox using nametag hunt groups and the call rerouting forms

How familier are you with the 3300 configuration, can you identify how the main number routes and configure VM on this, once this is complete we can then look at sharing the mailbox

Probably a bit late, but why not make the answer point of the trunk in the trunk settings a phone that has voicemail?

If you want all phones to go to a single mailbox because everyone got fired, then here's how you to it.

Create a phantom ACD Agent.
Create a Phantom ACD group.
Create a Phantom ACD Path.
Interflow the path to VM after 1 second.
Be sure you can camp on the group even if no one is logged in.
Create a mailbox that matches the ACD Path.
Via reroute forms forward all phones you want to hear the message to the path.

Dry Aquaman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back