Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

voicemail message cutting off 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peach66

IS-IT--Management
Jun 26, 2002
US
I have a complaint from on employee that his voicemail messages are cutting off in the middle of the message. Any ideas?

What release of voicemail do you have. If you go into the admin box and press 7 then you should get release. If you have 2.5.13 then there is a glitch in the firmware. There is a fix from Avaya that fixes that problem. It comes in a flash upgrade card and upgrades to 2.5.25. You have to be a business partner to be able to get the QPPCN fix.

When you say cutting off, do you mean a few seconds here and there are blank or the message simply ends in mid sentence and the rest is lost and moves onto the next message?

Check to make sure you have enough messag espace in the COS. and also I recall a few times that the greeting itself can sometimes emulate touch tones causing the mailbox to behave badly, you may want to re-record the greeting.

Ken
Shoreline Communications LLC

I didn't know I could hear the release by pressing 7...Thanks!!!

On a similar note, why would a message cut off partway through playing and then when the user called in again, she could hear the message all the way through???

btw, it's a Merlin Messaging R2.0.20

Thanks,
Julie

Is the user listening with the speakerphone, and then the speakerphone is cutting out when there is noise in the background? Have the user try listening to VM on handset. TipHelp@charter.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back