Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voicemail Lite on Version 5? 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

liquidshokk

Technical User
Jan 31, 2007
GB

Hi

Just got up to speed with the Version 5 release bulletin and notice voicemail lite is no longer supported with version 5?

What is in its place?

Surely they arent forcing people to pay for voicemail pro/Embedded Voicemail cards are they??

Software;

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged

i have been reading for 3 wks just to get the box to work LOL... i already ran the 3.0 DT 580 Manager download but just seem to have 3 programmes - sysmonitor, wizard and manager. am i missing something obvious ? i am thinking i just open some software and then read how to set it up....

this is where i grind to a holt :
Run setup from the IP Office Administrators CD and follow the instructions. Select Voicemail
from the list of installable components.....

i dont have a CD with the used IP403 but expected VM lite to be part of the IPO download i already have installed - as above !

Vociemail lite is part of the admin cd

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

I don't suffer from insanity
I enjoy every moment of it :)

Here you go;

ftp://ftp.avaya.com/incoming/Up1cku9/SoftwarePub/3_0DT/ADMIN3_0_580.exe

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged

ps. next time start your own thread, this might confuse the others

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged

Westi,

We also had a user who kept shutting down VMLite.
We installed FireDaemon to convert the program to a service
See Cheap, simple, works a treat.
Of course, if your user is shutting down the PC rather than just the program, it will not help...

yeah there is no cure for stupid

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

I don't suffer from insanity
I enjoy every moment of it :)

'But you won't need a Stnd to Pro licence for a IP500 anymore and thats more then an EMV?!'

Can someone confirm this is the case about the upgrade to pro license not being needed anymore? why have Avaya done that? What has to be sacrificed by not paying out for that? Im about to swap an IP406 with an IP500 but they have expansion units yet no upgrade to pro license has been purchased. Will using version 5 software get around this at no cost?

It will indeed :) On new systems the "Preferred edition" which is basically VM Pro is more expensive by the same amount as the upgrade licence was, that's how they get the money back

ACS - IP Office Implement

"What the Crocodile Hat....was that?

The IP500 can with V5 expand to the full 240 PRI trunks and 384??? extensions without any license.
& while voicemail lite is not being supported moving forwards you can still use it though.
Although I imagine that you may fine a future release kills it off at some point.
This has enabled me to create a quotation for someone that otherwise would have gone to Panasonic.
Very basic needs - larger system...

the site is using embedded voicemail so they wont incur the charges anywhere else i assume....

sweet.

Kyle, I've got one more to top your one-up. Not only do we ONLY do Intuity mode when doing VMP, we replace all the sound files so it says AUDIX. Audix has the recognition of being for big companies, and smaller companies like that.

Heck, even on VMP modules, in the Transfer Blocks if we've built a dial by name/extension app, we put sound file 380 in there so after you enter the extension, it says "Please Wait", just like Audix. ;)

Kris G.

We use a mixture of VMPro and embedded but have one site with VMLite (there's only four people in the office).

I'd like to upgrade all IPO's to 5.0 - therefore would I still be able to run VMLite with 5.0 even though Avaya don't support it?

Thanks.

Zinc666, sorry I didn't realise you had asked a question, yes VM lite will still function but without support for escalating issues :)

ACS - IP Office Implement

"What the Crocodile Hat....was that?

But if you have multiple sites with VMPro why not use it then ?

ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony -- ACA - Design IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

Thanks for the confirmation amriddle01, that's good news.

tlpeter, the IP406v2 in question isn't licensed to use VMPro.

If you have an SCN you can use centralized voicemail.
Then you can set the VMPro of another site.
That is currently the only supported vm situation at this moment !

ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony -- ACA - Design IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

Thanks tlpeter, we don't have SCN (but I'll look into it). Cheers for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back