Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voicemail Lite and Windows 2003 Server/Exchange 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

idavies

Technical User
May 25, 2005
GB
I have an IP403 system with 5 digital extensions, and run Voicemail Lite on our server.

We make use of the email feature of Voicemail such that messages are sent out to users as an attached *.wav file. This worked absolutely fine with Windows Server 2000, however we have just upgraded to Windows Server 2003 and Exchange 2003, and now the Voicemail system crashes if this email forwarding feature is used (you can literally watch it shut down as a message is left). Switch off the function, and everything works fine - it seems to be an issue of Voicemail not interracting correctly with Exchange 2003.

We are using the latest IP manager software, and I have been informed that Avaya do not support this Voicemail function nor use on Windows 2003 Server, so there is no fix. Any similar experiences or ideas to solve this?

I will be upgrading my Exchnage server to 2003 very soon. I have voicemail professional. Do you know if this works with Exchange 2003 or does it have the same problem as VM Lite?

I am running VMPRO\412 3.0 and exchange 2003 all running on the same server with no issues.

as for Windows 2003 crashing, can you provide more information on what you mean system craching. is it a blue screen with bunch on numbers? or, do you get a counter telling you system is about to shut down and you have 60 seconds to close all applications? you need to determine the module or DLL within IP office that is causing sharing violation with another WIN2K3 module. my initila gut feeling tells me you have a problem with your MAPI provider. Exchange 2003 is very sensetive to third part applications (even outlook client), if they are installed on the same server. these applications tend to overwrite some MAPI dlls that are used by exchange itself.

finally, which service pack are you running for exchange and WIN2K3?

Note it is NOT Windows 2003 crashing, just the Voicemail Lite software.

I believe the WIN2K3 server is running the latest service pack, but I believe we are having issues installing the latest SP for Exchange 2003 (basically not recognising that a previous version is installed).

Voicemail Lite is version 2.1 (4) and IP Office Manager is Version 5.0 (40). With the Voicemail log window open and running, everything seems to work fine until the point when Voieemail attempts to "login" into the email system to attempt to send the *.wav file - the window closes and the Voicemail software stops running.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back