Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voicemail Indicator Light Always on

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeLaPhOnEgUy07

Technical User
Aug 7, 2007
CA
We have a BCM 400 3.7 with digital phones and Callpilot version 37.00.87.22. I have some people right now that have no new voicemail and have their phone light on. they have also erased all voicemails and and unplugged and plugged their phone back in and no result. I have not been able to remove the light on his phone, i've tried removing his voicemail on his phone from the BCM, and also from the callpilot and that didnt work. i wouldnt like to remove his extension and recreate it, but if someone knows thats a guaranteed fix then please let me know.

Before Vmail, you could turn the light on to notify someone to call you back. The Send Message Ftr1, DN#. To turn light off press Ftr#65, look in display and it will tell you which individual fat fingered their keypad.

Adversity is Opportunity

Is there a way of hearing the msg thats there? cause just to get the light to turn off F#65 said that it deleted a msg. I had him do that a few times until the light went away. i have no idea what msg was there but now atleast he's happy that the lights gone. but if there's a way to listen to the msg before deleting that would be great.

Thanks

They're not audible messages, it was someone turning on the light by pressing Ftr1 and a ext. #. It only erased the ext. # of the person who turned on the light.

Adversity is Opportunity

could you have another mailbox set to light the lamp on that phone?

Signature===========================================
Artificial Intelligence Is No Match for Natural Stupidity.

The latest survey shows that 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson.

Red meat is not bad for you, it is the green fuzzy meat that is bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back