Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voicemail Indicator Lamp

Status
Not open for further replies.

ethereal112

Technical User
Aug 7, 2006
US
Where can you turn off all indicator lamps? I know there is a step to turn them all on but we are having some stations lamps that arent going off even if the voicemail box has no new voicemails.

What kind of voicemail system do you have? What PBX are you using?

Octel 250 and NEC2400IPX. Had integration errors and no voicemail indicator lamps on stations. We made no changes to any systems within the last 48 hours or so and that's when the problem occured. I installed a new I/O card on my PBX just to make sure that wasn't the problem but no luck.

What kind of integration are you using for the MWI indicators?

Problem solved! bad sync port once again. This is the second port we've lost on the CCF card.

It sounds like the PBX is sending a spike to the CCF card from the MCI link. It could be that the system's are not grounded right or that the Octel has a better ground and the spike is going to the Octel VIA the MCI cable.

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Ken Means how's it goin? We've been working with St. Claire on this one and got it to clear up but the status report shows the integration error again. Should I unplug the MCI cable so until we ground? Pascua Yaqui Tribe over and out!

Alright on the back end of the VM sytem the ground was not attached.

Proper grounding between PBX'es and OCTEL's is very important. Also install the ferrite beads (ferrite cores) on all cables into the OCTEL voice mail server, including the power supply lines.
///doktor

Well I would not unplug it but I would check the grounding on the PBX side to make sure that it is good. The spike will always take the path of least resistance and it seems the Octel is it.

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

If you are using DSE integration, just flip flop the Feature Access Codes FAC (*4 to turn MWI ON, #4 to turn MWI OFF, etc) in Menu 6. Then when you use the menu option to turn the MWI on, you will actually be using the FAC to turn them off. Just be sure to flip flop them back to normal setting and send a test msg to test MWI.
Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back